Thursday, July 31, 2008

Now Onto the Prints




Getting consumed with one show can easily create a backlog of work. For the last year I have been participating in print exchanges with Four Ocean Press in Oakland, CA. You send in 26 prints and receive a print in return from each artist in the exchange. So far, autumn, winter, and spring are complete... summer was due right smack in the middle of preparations for my current solo show. Here's the first three in the series... Autumn Rays, Early Morning Powder and Spring Arriving. Each are hand-pulled linoleum prints (8"x6"). I'll upload some of the progress on the final piece: SUMMER! Check out the link on my page to their website, where they keep an archive of all the exchanges and have added photography to the fun. "I'm Stuffed" was my entry into the Food Exchange... it is part of an ongoing series "It's A Grind" (an homage to the bitter housewives of the world). There are more samples from that series on my homepage (also linked below).

No comments: