Monday, August 4, 2008

Warm Summer Fields


After much debate and counseling I have finally decided upon the design for the last print in the seasons series. Smack in the middle of summertime it is super hot,  fire orange seemed an appropriate color to represent the heat and drying effect that it has on our environment. Ironically, maybe not coincidentally, I noticed how similar the ink color was to my linoleum cutter and brayer handles. The were purchased for college in the early 90's and clearly made to last. You spring chickens have the garnet ones or the new magentas with the twist off cap (neither made as well as the old school orange ones). I'm glad to have them around and somehow immortalize them in my summer print... only an artist! Notice the entire series on the monitor, I tried a few combinations before deciding upon this particular set of colors.

No comments: