Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grant Park


Here are some photos from the Grant Park Summershade Festival. As you can see I finally have my booth together with real walls. I custom sewed the fabric to stretch over the mesh panels. I'm glad I went with the set up where you have the door out the back (or I could have it on either side) it made it convenient to put all my stuff out of sight but within reach. I just had to make sure I didn't slip down the ravine behind me when I was rummaging through my tubs.
 
I did sell several items, a lot of prints of my work, which I printed at home off my inkjet printer. There are some new technologies that are available where you can print onto canvas, thus making a homemade giclee print that looks like a little painting. People really liked the looks of them. I did sell one original painting and I got a lot of really great feedback. When my artwork caught someone's eye they just started smiling, stammered and then couldn't help but come in and smile bigger. They really seem to enjoy the colors, the rhythm, the depth perception issues and the generally happiness of my work. Yea!

2 comments:

Monica Jones said...

I'm delighted to hear from you!

I was at Avondale Estates this past weekend and was next to the same gal (Genevieve) as Grant Park (!). Sales weren't too crummy.
The only sale in Athens I'm in that you might be interested in is the Athens Indie Craftstravaganzaa (I hate typing that word) Nov. 22 and their website is by that same name.
I'll be at Chomp and Stomp in Cabbagetown on Nov. 8th -I'm super excited about that one.
I love love love the photos of your Sammie -what a beautiful and darling girl.
How was Harvest Midtown?

Kimberly Landers said...

Hey Monica... I didn't see this post until just now. Things have kind of been on hold for a while. I did some shows in Florida in November and they were pretty slow, I got to stay with family so it wasn't so bad.

Harvest Midtown was alright, there weren't a lot of people out there, something went wrong with the PR I think.

I'm waiting to hear about some of the spring shows, keeping my fingers crossed.

How was Chomp & Stomp? I did that last year and sold a ton of stuff, earrings that I'd been making and old discounted artwork.

Hope all is well, happy new year!