Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Have Been Making Art, Really!

Okay, so it's been a little while since I've posted, but I've been quite busy. My big art project was purchasing and remodeling a home since my last post and got into chronicling that entire process on facebook. Meanwhile, I have been doing a few festivals a year, Virginia Highlands Summerfest and the Brookhaven Arts Fest (which is this weekend - Oct 16 & 17, 2010).


I spent some time up on Lake Lanier right after school got out in May and worked on a few paintings for Summerfest. I've been obsessively painting with reds, oranges and greens, so naturally, the first large painting I did in a while was the muted palette of those colors instead of the brilliant beachy colors (which I would pick up again after a summer full of beach travel).





No comments: